Basic networking devices:
Switches are used to connect endpoint to LAN (Local Area Network)
Types of switches:
- Distribution / Aggregation
- Connects multiple local area networks.
- Choose the best path between LAN and WAN (Wide Area Network)
Type of routers:
- Branch – Lower end for SOHO or remote office connections.
- WAN / Enterprise edge – Mid to high end for main office connections.
- Service provider – High end for large scale internet routing.
Types of network diagram
- Physical diagram.
- Logical diagram.